Attorney Franz N. Borghardt has been serving the community and his clients for over a decade. The first part of Franz’s legal career was founded in public service. He spent his first year of practice clerking for Judge Anthony Marabella in the 19th Judicial District Court. He was then employed as a felony assistant defender in the East Baton Rouge Office of Public Defender, representing the indigent and gaining valuable litigation experience. He has also worked as a felony assistant prosecutor East Baton Rouge District Attorney's Office. While working for the Public Defender and District Attorney Offices, he maintained a private practice, serving the legal needs of citizens in areas of law such as personal injury, representation of small businesses, family law, and criminal defense.
The Law of Steven J. Moore hired Franz in 2012 as an associate, where he practiced criminal defense and civil rights law. After four years of successful practice, he formed the Borghardt Law Firm with the goal of continuing to serve the community through public service and clients through skilled and dedicated representation.
Franz has served as an adjunct professor at the Paul M. Hebert LSU Law School and teaches Criminal Litigation. Franz is a CJA Panel Member for the Federal Middle District of Louisiana, representing indigent individuals in federal criminal proceedings. He has presented legal seminars in the areas of jury selection, domestic violence, criminal law topics, and a seminar for law enforcement officers and forensic crime lab employees. He has written published articles on criminal law topics, cell phone search and seizure, jury selection, and social media. He formerly served as a member of the Louisiana Public Defender Board and presently is on the East Baton Rouge Alcohol Beverage Control Board. He has previously served on the Louisiana Legislature Law Enforcement Body Camera committee as chair of the task force.
Get in touch
We at the Borghardt Law Firm understand that finding the right attorney to represent you is a choice not to be taken lightly. That’s why we offer free consultations to walk you through your needs, the scope of your goals, and your budget.
Call us today!
Franz N. Borghardt
From working at the prestigious Steven J. Moore, Attorneys at Law to opening his own practice in 2017, Franz has represented the Baton Rouge community large and small for ten years. On one side, he is a lawyer but he is also the founder of Geaux Rouge, an organization that celebrates the social, the cultural, artistic and culinary scenes of Baton Rouge.
PAUL M. HEBERT LAW CENTER
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA
Juris Doctor, 2006
LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY
Baton Rouge, LA
B.A., English Literature and Classical Latin magna cum laude, 2002
NATIONAL CRIMINAL DEFENSE COLLEGE: TRIAL PRACTICE INSTITUTE
GERRY SPENCE TRIAL LAWYERS COLLEGE
Three week trail advocacy college
Activities & Affiliations
• Louisiana Bar Association: October 2006- Present
• National Association of Criminal Defense:
August 2011- Present
• National College for DUI Defense: August 2011- 2016
• Federal Middle, Eastern and Western District:
December 2006- Present
• U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeal: December 2006- Present
• The Oaks Kiwanis Club of Baton Rouge:
January 2007- 2010
• Louisiana Association Criminal Defense Lawyers:
• Super Lawyers Louisiana Rising Star: 2014-2017
• Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating
• Louisiana Public Defender Board: Member 2015-2016
• Baton Rouge Alcohol Beverage Control Board:
Member 2015- Present
• Louisiana Legislative Taskforce for the Implementation of Body Cameras: 2015-2017
• Baton Rouge Body Worn Camera Committee
Member 2016- Present
• A.C. Lewis YMCA Board: Member 2016- Present
• Baton Rouge Area Foundation Member
Member 2017- Present
• Baton Area Art Gallery, Board Member
Member 2017- Present
- “Social Network Information Sharing of Viral Media and Its Effect on Jury Selection” Baton Rouge Bar Association “Around the Bar”, September, 2011-
- “Riley v. California: The Cost of Privacy: Warrantless Searches of Cellphones Subsequent to Lawful Arrest”, Baton Rouge Bar Association “Around the Bar”, November, 2014